Monday, December 26, 2011

And The Report Is In!


At the Gorge - Cuy Falls
Dec 26 - 10:15am

Dr. Partin called this morning! The results are in! Pathology said that she got all the margins around the tumor .... So all is clear!  She did a great job getting it all. 

The tumor was 1.3 cm (about 1/2 inch) in diameter.  Lymph nodes were negative for cancer too.  I'm healing well.  A little tenderness, a little uncomfortable.  My follow-up with her is January 3 and I would expect to be back to work the next day.

Next step:  My appointment with the oncologist who will plan my treatment.  From what I know so far, radiation every day for 5-7 weeks.  Dr. Partin said that since I'm young, they may want to do chemo too, which would be done first.  I will know on Dec 30 at 1:00pm.

I hope your Christmas was as excellent as mine.  We had a wonderful family time at my sister's home.  All of our children are young adults, off on their own.  My daughter was home from Colorado. My nephew was home from Knoxville.  We never know from year to year what changes we will be facing in our family dynamics.  We all miss our own sweet sister, Cathy.  It has been 4 years now.  But we get to see her through her two boys.  Thankfully.

Hmmm, I'm emotional now ~ go figure!

Sitting here with a cup of coffee and enjoying the sunshine on this bright December morning!  Are you?

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Your doctor is such a sweet talker, calling you young! :) Great news on the test results! I'm so happy for you and for our family! Enjoy the coffee, I've already had my one cup limit. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My horoscope said I'd be getting good news today! I'm relieved it was about you. By the way, I love your new word CANSURvive. You are brilliant. Enjoy your day, rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to give the news! My friend, Joe, re-wrote CANSURvive to canSURVIVE. He is brillant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, thanks so much for sharing this good news with me. I cannot wait to celebrate a new year with you. Enjoy your family and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena