Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Getting the News

White Farm
Today was a strange day .... well, the last week has been quite strange. A whirlwind, actually. But, I suppose I should back up a bit before telling you how I came to be laying facedown on the MRI table with both breast neatly tucked into two holes. Seriously REALLY?!

I had my annual mammogram on Tues, Nov 28. I usually get them in the spring, but had waited because I knew Reflections was moving into a new facility close to work. As usual, life got busy and when I finally made the appointment, it was Nov. It was worth it because its new technology (digital) .... well, maybe not new to you, but I had been going to the "old fashioned" lab.

A few days later, Thur Dec 1, I got the call that I needed to be set up right away for a diagnostic. That news had my heart racing just a bit. I didn't have to wait long.

Wed Dec 7, I went in at 7:30am and what I thought was going to be an hour was 5-1/2 hours. I went from mammogram to ultrasound to surgeon to biopsy, another mammogram just to discover that they had cut and taken from the "wrong" area .... back to biopsy, check again with another mammogram and off to work I go. My headache from an empty stomach and no coffee was unpleasant.

Fri Dec 9, Matt & I went in for the results. Dr Partin didn't hedge around, but told us with compassion that I have breast cancer. I don't think you can brace yourself to hear those words and I know Matt got socked in the gut. It's true when they say that your mind just tunes out and you only hear bits & pieces. She took us in the conference room and began explaining and drawing and answering questions. And we began planning. I have a TEAM!

After our conference, I headed over for blood work and then for a chest x-ray. Glad I took the day as a vacation, because frankly, I wanted to go home and digest it all.

The name of this cancer is: Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma.
Size: 9 ml
Stage 1
Plan of attack: Lumpectomy followed by 5-7 weeks of radiation
When: December 20 @ 3:00pm

I plan to keep posting in this journal. I think it will be good therapy.

It's late now, but I plan to tell you my restoration with Jasmine ~
How I'm truly doing ~
But most of all, the blessings that are happening right before my eyes ~

1 comments:

  1. I just read your entire blog! You have an awesome attitute & you are truly an inspiration!
    I will be following(and of course praying for) you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena