Monday, January 30, 2012

My Knight in Shining Armor

My brave husband shaved my head tonight.  Even though he didn't want to, he picked up the electric razor and did what I asked.  As my daughter said, I'm leaving my DNA all over the place and I had enough.   He was gentle and kind.  Since it was just the two of us, no pictures were done to document the event.  Perhaps I will be brave enough to share my bare head, perhaps I won't.  We didn't do anything creative, like shave designs or a mohawk ... nothing fun or exciting. 

I'm wearing a scarf tonight to get use to the feel. After wearing a hat all day, with my dead hair underneath, I absolutely pulled it off my head as soon as I got home from work. It was itchy, hot and bothersome. I tried on the borrowed wig tonight and need to get it fitted before I wear it. 

Me & my windshield wiper eyebrows
Mom was right, my head is perfectly round.  (she mentioned that I had a nice round head as a baby)

My hair will grow back.

And this canzer-thingy will not define me.

Neither will what I look like.


My knight in shining armor wrote me this poem when we were engaged. He tells me several times a day just how much he loves me ~


You Are

You are the Passion of my Romance and the Pillar of my Support

You calm me in the Storms of my Days

You smooth away my Coarseness
You run by my side and put me in Importance

You bring Surety to my Doubts

And bring Clarity when things seem Confused

You are the Green Pastures that He has led me to

You are my Palace which stands upon the Rock our Lord

You are my Jewel that is shined upon by the Light our Lord

You are my confidant, my best friend, my soulmate,

And I pray for the day that You are my Wife.

                   I Love You Carol Lynn Landon

1 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena