Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sisterhood

There seems to be some backlash against "pink".  I understand fully about awareness versus a cure.  I get it.  I want a cure!

A few days ago, I was in a crowded room and saw a pink hat bedazzled and worn by a kindred spirit. When I finally reached her, she looked at me and I just pointed to my pink ribbon lapel pin. "Blessings to you my sister. I know what you are going through." She smiled with sadness in her eyes.

We are part of a sisterhood.  Not a community that any of us elected, but a community nonetheless.  For me, it is a way to feel not-so-alone in battling this awful disease. I wonder if that is what others may feel in the rainbow of colors ~

Now, this sisterhood hits right in my own family.  Christie's first chemo is scheduled for Nov 16. Please pray for comfort and peace as she begins her own journey into the pink abyss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena