Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Germs

image by Griffin Technology
I haven't heard the term "nadir" in over five years (read Angels All Over Town) but I'm in it from day 10 - 14, which ends Friday.

Nadir, meaning 'low point' is between chemotherapy cycles when I will experience low white blood counts known as Neutropenia. This can put me at risk for infection.

So, I asked Doc, "What should I do if a student coughs or sneezes on me?"

We both agreed that first I should give the student a detention! LOL

Then go wash my face and hands and blow my nose. She said that should do the trick.

Some other tips:

  • Stay away from crowds (impossible this evening because of the band concert and hugging all my bff's)
  • Wash all surfaces with disinfectant in my classroom, car, and home daily.
  • Wash my hands frequently with soap and warm water, dry with a paper towel THEN turn off the faucet with the paper towel.
  • Make sure that everyone providing food for me practices safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
  • Never put my hands on my face, near my nose or rub my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. As I'm reading this, my nose itches and I scratch it. Then I read the last bullet point... No wonder I am just getting over the flu!

    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena