Friday, January 4, 2013

A Quart Low

This morning Doc Esther said I need to stay in the hospital another day and promised I could go home "this weekend". White blood count and blood pressure are too low so I am still receiving fluids this evening. My engine should be all tuned up and ready to go before long.

Remember  when I called myself a light weight and cheap date? Apparently alcohol isn't the only thing I metabolize differently. Doc said we will need to cut back on the chemo drugs by 20 %. I know!  I was alarmed also! I asked, "Will I need an additional dose?" No, I won't need an extra session and it will still be as powerful. Good!

My sister came up with a brilliant idea. I should think about my situation like I did when I was pregnant; pack  a bag just in case because I'll never know when I might go in the hospital unexpectedly. I called my daughter this morning with another list of "essentials" and Uncle Matt brought her to the hospital. We had a nice visit and when they left I had several things to occupy my time. (of which I seem to have tons).
When I go home I'm going to pack a bag of items that I won't miss; socks, under clothes, travel size grooming products, crafts. I will also put together a list of other items that my family can gather for me; medical binder, computer, phone charger. This way no one has to make an extra trip to bring items.

I honestly did not sleep last night and now I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Thank you Kriss, Linda, Jody and Vada for sending me special hugs. You can't imagine how much it really helps.

I am fighting like a girl - and this girl is going to get her beauty sleep! Good Night!


4 comments:

  1. Big Hug Big C! I'm glad you are getting another day of fluids. I know they must be helping because you are finally getting bored. From what I gather, the first day you were there you felt too crummy to be bored. So that is an improvement!

    Love you bunches,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm improving slowly but surely. I slept well and ate breakfast, took a bird bath and changed my ball gown. I feel like a new woman. But it looks like I will be here until monday though... Thanks for the hug and love you too!

      Delete
  2. It was fun visiting you today! At least I did one thing productive! lol Have a restful night!! xxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making me laugh and for the Frappe!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena