Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm Okay

I know it's been over a week since I last posted but I'm okay. Really!


I'm not gonna lie...this is really hard.......and the next four treatments will be intense. Taxotere is not a nice drug but it's the only way to continue reducing the tumor. I will do whatever it takes to knock this stupid cancer out of my body.


It took about a week to recover from the treatment on January 17th. I didn't even get on the computer during those days and only checked text messages. Then it was Friday and I had a busy weekend.

Yesterday a student and teacher from my school came over for a couple hours. The student approached me in December about being part of his senior photo project. He wanted to take photos of me doing normal activities with and without the scarves. No wonder models get paid a zillion dollars. It's hard work! His mom lost her battle with breast cancer in August of 2011 so I was honored that he asked me to be a part of his project. He showed me all of the shots and they looked great with the natural lighting and different angles.

I'm worried about my sister, Carol. She has been so tired and in so much pain. You're not really done when they tell you you're finished with the treatment and cured. It takes a long time to recover and get back to where you were BC (before cancer).






1 comments:

  1. Ah, shucks, don't worry about me. I'm just complaining. Found this interesting post http://denise4health.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/transitioning-from-cancer-patient-to-cancer-survivor/

    Glad your follow up appointment went well. Continue to bust that tumor up!!! By the time this process is done, there won't be anything to remove. DONE. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena