Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finished With Treatment

We celebrated the last day of radiation treatment on Thursday, July 25th. I asked Carol if I could start tracking my anniversary. This would be easy to remember because it's Dad's birthday.

I bought an angel food cake and made pink Cool Whip frosting. I couldn't help noticing how the cake resembled my broken boob:
The hole in the center is where the tumor use to be. The surface showed the battle scars and unevenness. And it's pink from the radiation burns!

This has been a long journey but I've learned a lot about myself. I am a better person because of this experience and can only look forward to the new normal. They say that when you have cancer everyone around you is affected. I'm so lucky to have my family by my side. I couldn't have made it through the journey without them. There are many friends who were affected by my cancer too. They kept me in their thoughts and prayers and encouraged my family along the way. It was tough for everyone.

But we made it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena