Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Celebrating Education

My daughter is celebrating graduation for her Masters.  She has been a student for 22-1/2 years of her life.  That is a long time!

I just wish I was in better health to celebrate fully. 


Friday was a ceremony called "Hooding".  Matt had to be my camera man, as I was too weak and sick to make it. 

Each student was honored with a short autobiography and their sashes.





The commencement was Saturday morning.  With the help of a borrowed wheelchair, I was able to make it.  It was very beautiful and I loved the speakers.  Once we got home, I went back to bed.

We met at a local restaurant Sunday afternoon (again with the wheelchair), and family & friends got to congratulate her and give hugs.  Again, as soon as we got home, I went to bed.  I've been there ever since ~

It just turned midnight May 2 .... 






O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!....

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! 
Psalm 139:1-6, 13 - 17


I've done a lot of stupid things in my life.  Ha! But had 2 moments of brilliance! The birth of 2 daughters ~ Yep, I'm a lucky girl ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena