Friday, November 1, 2013

I Am

Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine

One year ago today my whole world changed when I reluctantly joined the Breast Cancer Club. I've had mixed emotions all day. Sometimes I'd be on the verge of tears. I could feel them behind my eyes, pressuring me into flooding my classroom. Then I'd get so busy that I forgot I'd even been on this journey. I've changed a lot in these past 12 months, but in a good way.

I am healthy and have more energy than I did a year ago.
I am grateful for having a professional, compassionate medical team.
I am whole again, even though a piece of me was taken.
I am blessed to have such a loving family and friends care for me.
I am happy that I have my life back and time to spend with the ones I love.
I am beautiful. I base this purely on my school photo; the best one taken in 27 years!
I am thankful for having this experience.
I am a better person because of breast cancer.
I am looking forward to where this journey will continue to take me.

There is so much to do and so many others to help. 

1 comments:

  1. Cancer does change us. It is a choice on how we respond to the trials (good or bad). I am glad that bitterness has not settled in your heart. You chose to be positive! You have truly blossomed this past year and you have so much to give! Can't wait to see all that God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena