Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 2

I've been told that side effects generally start on day 2 after chemo.  I'm tired today, had a few queasy moments, body aches, lots of bathroom visits .... but, I'm hanging in there.  Mom made homemade chicken noodle soup, which hit the spot.  I can tell that I'm loosing some tastebuds though.

Christie stopped over tonight to visit.  Glad she did because I haven't seen her in several days since she's been sick.  She looked like a doctor with her blue mask on.  Lots of Purell too.  My laptop wouldn't turn on, so Tommy came over too ... he did a quick fix with the battery.  So, I'm back in contact with the world.

I have to admit that I had a little pitty party today.  Hope I don't have too many of them.  Real downers.  That's not generally who I am.  I pray for strength as this is going to be a long haul. 

Isn't it strange how life can be just moving along and then it all changes out of nowhere.  When my sister died, we all had to live in the "new norm".  It's difficult, but you have no choice.  I have no choice.  And I can't sit around feeling sorry for myself when there are others who are dealing with this canzer-thingy so much worse.  So, I apologize for my rantings.....

Life goes on.  One day at a time. Right?

And tomorrow is a new day.

Thank you, Jesus, for never letting me go.


  1. Just wanted to say we are following along with you and thinking of you often :) You mentioned to me that you hoped your blog would possibly touch others and give them strength. I may not be going through any "canzer-thingy" or walking a path as trying as yours... but you none the less give me strength in your unfailing tenacity and sheer will. You are living proof of the saying "it's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up"! I feel blessed in knowing such an amazing woman and thank you for sharing your journey.

  2. After reading your post from yesterday it reminded me of a thought I had after Cathy died. Life never slows down and there are things that happen for which we have no choice.

    When Cathy and I were young, living on Universal Avenue, after you had graduated and moved out, we would play hide-n-go-seek with the neighborhood kids. Cathy, being 6 years my senior, could always run like wind. Instead of leaving be behind, she would grab me by the wrist and take off. I always felt like my little legs only touched the ground every other time in step with her strides. It was scary… most of the time (I always felt like I was going to fly off… head first), but other times it was exhilarating.

    After Cathy died, I felt like someone had me by the wrist again, pulling me along at an unbelievable speed. I had no choice but to go through it and wait, wait for it to get better.

    For those times when you are scared, when you are in pain, hold on for the day you are canzer free. I know that day will come and it will be exhilarating.

  3. I remember telling Cathy she had pony legs...she was tall and all legs. I'm so glad your memories of her in close in your heart. Thank you for telling me your story. xxoox


Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena