Friday, November 2, 2012

Herceptin #15

Update #15 not #9 (chemo brain)

Today was my 15th Herceptin drip.  Targetting those HER2 proteins! Zap ~
 
I have 2 more to go!

Day after Thanksgiving and 2 days after my sister's birthday in December. 

I asked Nurse Karen what happens next?  I don't see the oncologist until January.  She said that I will receive a phone call to set up an "overview" appointment.  They will review everything that has occurred since the beginning of my journey.  I will still need tests here and there. And still need checkups with my oncologist.  Still monitoring the "5 year pill".

So, still not quite over

I couldn't have done it without the encouraging words and prayers received from so many people in my life.  Even people I don't even know.  It's that positive energy that has gotten me through some of the rough times and bad days.

It's natural to think about death while going through something so intense as cancer.  It's crazy even to say those words .... "I have cancer".  You HAVE to go through it to get to the OTHER side.  Hopefully, in one piece.  Much wiser, much more humble, full of grace and compassion for others.


The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

1 comments:

  1. All praise and honor be to our God, for the journey thus far. You are on the other side of this, praise God! Your photography is so amazing, you surely have a gift, my dear friend. Yeah - the holidays are coming, and what a different year it is compared to last Christmas! Another praise! I love you, Carol.
    Marylee

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena