Thursday, November 15, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started

I got the call! I will start my first chemo on Friday, November 16th at 1:00 pm. I will have more details tomorrow. All of my labs, scans, and tests have come back clean. The pathology report found that it's HER2-negative, which is a good thing. The plan is that I will have 4 cycles (3 weeks apart) of one drug, then 4 cycles of another. Then surgery in the spring, followed by radiation.

Photo by Bent Objects
I am still trying to wrap my head around this! It's only been 15 days. I know I can do this. I'm one tough cookie but sometimes feel like I'm falling to pieces. My sister Carol has been here for me, giving me strength and courage. She says I need to walk through the fear and get to the other side.

I've noticed that those required hugs I get each day actually pat most of the crumbs back into place and help me hold myself together.


4 comments:

  1. Oh! The cookies are SO cute! You will become an expert, and you are a blog genius, a compassonite friend to others and I know you will re-organize the whole nurses station with incredible work tools!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually looking forward to it! I can't wait to show them the new electronic symptoms survey I developed!

      Delete
  2. Ha! You are both too funny! A daily online hug sent to you both! Love ya!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I'm up to 3 hugs this morning!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena