Friday, November 16, 2012

Pole Dancing

Today was my first chemo treatment. We got home around 4:30 and I don't feel bad at all - yet. The anti-nausea meds make me walk and talk like I've had a beer or two (I'm such a light-weight) and the red chemo drug turned my pee orange!
Before chemo treatment
At noon I slathered Lidocaine on the port site and Richard put plastic wrap around my arm so it wouldn't rub off. Then we went to the drug store in search of the perfect thermometer. I have to take my temperature every evening at 8:00 pm. If it ever reaches 100.5 I have to call Dr. Rehmus.
We arrived at our appointment and were taken to the suite where they administer chemo. As I was getting settled in the lounge chair my sister, Carol, walked in! It was so good having her there to help me through this first time.
I had many staff visitors; the pharmacist, the dietitian, my doctor, and my neighbor (she works there). My nurses, Karen and Regina were so nice and caring. I will always be in good hands.
All hooked up and ready to go.
Carol showed me how to pole dance. HaHa!
That's when I pushed the IV stand to the restroom, juggling the cords and tubes, trying not to trip over my two left feet!
I will have to take anti-nausea medication for three days. It will knock me out so I wanted to let you know about today before I slept.
Thank you for all of your hugs, thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. I feel the love!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I got my lazy butt to work early each day so I could comp my time and be there with you! You did GREAT! Each time will go smoother. Sleep well tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Christie...and here is another ((HUG)) I tried to send you a friend request on FB but couldn't find you :) xoxo
    Dawn Johnston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, Glad you found my blog! I asked Doc if I had to take these nails off cuz my nail beds are going to start to darken. She said they were fine and looked nice! Thanks for the hug. Will give you one tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis and about your sister's as well. I'm glad your first round of chemo went okay. Pole dancing with the chemo IV stand. That's a good one. Good luck ongoing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena