Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Windex Theory

Photo by Rosina Huber
This evening, as I was trying to think of a brilliant new post, my son came to me complaining that we didn't have any Windex in the house. "How do you people clean glass around here?", he asked.  It reminded me of the Windex Theory that I share with my students when they are contemplating some big issues in their lives and need to see the big picture. Sometimes the window through which we view our lives becomes cloudy. We can get lost and distracted while trying to find our way. Then life throws us some Windex and provides an opportunities to wipe off portions of the window to get a better look at our future and what direction we should go. Naturally, you have to stop what you're doing and concentrate on the job of making things clear again.
I've just received a huge dose of Windex and I think it's exactly what I needed.  I've been trying to reinvent myself for years now, trying to figure out what I will be when I grow up. My window had become very mucked up with layers of disappointments and losses. 
But I'm already starting to see my future as a cancer survivor. I will be a stronger, more compassionate person, with a mission to help others through their own journey. This clearer view gives me peace of mind and something to look forward to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena