Monday, November 12, 2012

Visitors are Welcome

Visitors are ALWAYS welcome!  Saturday, we had a nice surprise when our cousin, Debbie, came into town to visit.  I was to wake up early to make it to the high school craft show to hang out with Christie.  I made it from the bed to the couch. My darling husband whispered .... wake up, you don't want to regret not going, you can sleep afterwards .... and about 12:30, I finally sat up.  I sent a text to Christie to see if she was still roaming the halls and she said "I'm walking around with Debbie"

Well, I got ready as fast as my ravaged body could move and we had a delightful day! 

Christie removed her bandages from the port and has some bruising.  She has been battling a nasty metallic taste in her mouth, so food has been yucky.  Debbie is a nurse and it was good to just talk to her. Even though she is not in the field of oncology, she is knowledgeable about so many things. 

We ended the day at Marie's restaurant for a great meal and then hugs afterwards as she made the hour trip back home.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Our hearts were certainly lifted and look forward to getting together again :)

Debbie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena