Saturday, March 2, 2013

Taxol

Yesterday was chemo #6. This was a little different because it was my first time with Taxol. The day started at 9:00 am for lab work. By 9:30 I was in my lounge chair.


I had an EKG which is protocol  for Taxol.

Then I had a pre-medication cocktail of Benedryl, steroids, and Pepcid. By 11:30 we started the Taxol for a 3 hour infusion  I was so groggy and not very talkative. With my hands on ice, I fell asleep while listening to my meditation tapes. Richard's job was to hold my chin up if I started snoring!


We got out of there by 3:00 and weren't home very long before my Mom called Richard to take her to emergency. He didn't want to leave me and when we got a hold of Carol she was right by my Mom's house. Mom was having vision problems and her eye doctor wanted her to go to the hospital. The MRI showed evidence of a stroke. Read my sister's report about the results.
I'm feeling pretty good today. My cheeks are rosy, look wind-burned but I have no fever. I spent some time on Pinterest this morning after Katie gave me a lesson on the concept. Hours later she told me that I should only spend 30 minutes per day on Pinterest so I don't annoy my followers. Oh Dear! I didn't know that part. I can't wait to get back on tomorrow. Click the Pinterest logo above and see what I found!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena