Monday, July 23, 2012

Some "Firsts"

I started out wearing my scarf to work today and then got "brave" and took it off....about 4 different times.  I thought I was easing folks into my new look, but I think I was easing myself into it. 

Around the house, out on the porch, to the driveway and back, I'm bareheaded .... and at our family gathering yesterday!

Dumb pose ... but you can see my port on my left arm

My sister had fun snapping some pictures and she did a great job! I'm in the process of uploading to shutterfly. (love that site!)



Today I wore a dress to work.  I've been thinking that this is a "first" as well (after almost 9 years of working there) .... but a co-worker said it was the second.  Thank goodness I have someone to keep me straight.

That's really all I have of the "firsts" .... either I can't remember any more, or I've just run out of them.

So ~ anyway ~

I've been doing some deep thinking, now that my head is getting a little bit clearer.  As the words come and I can articulate them, I shall share.  Until then, 4 words come to mind.

Grace
Mercy
Hope
Love

Once I start to build my strength, I'm going to finish putting up the get well wishes on my wall.  I only have 2 rows up so far (work in progress)

Yarn, push pins, and tiny (craft) clothes pins

Oh, and just a note to those folks who are signed up for the automatic post in your e-mail: Don't forget to check out my blog from time to time.  I have other tabs that don't arrive in your e-mail.  Maybe there is something else that might be of interest as well.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Has to be a heck of a lot cooler! I think I have you beat as I have only worn a dress once in the last 10 years. I love the 4 words too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much cooler! How was your birthday? Hope you had lots of fun and hope you got my text! Have a wonderful day, sis ~

      Delete
  2. You are one beautiful woman. And I cannot believe I missed the dress! bummer
    Wear one next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, shucks .... well, I have 2 dresses....guess I can wear the other one, lol.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena