Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Update on Bone Density Test

Today, I received a call from the oncologist office requesting to see me next week. 

"Oh...why?"
"We received your bone density test and she wants to discuss it with you," she said.
"Is it bad?" I asked.
"No, just early detection of bone loss."

I know better than to ask more specific questions of the staff, as they are "not supposed to" answer medical diagnosis.

Since I have my Herceptin drip next Thursday 9/20, I made it for right after.  It will be a long morning as I'm sure I was squeezed into the schedule book. 

Forgot to mention that they did my height measurement for the test as well and all this time I thought I was 5'5" .... that has now changed to 5' 4-1/2" !!

Nothing to panic about
I'm as cool as a cucumber ~

On day two of wearing a Pedometer ~ the overall goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day (at least that is what we all SHOULD do).  I set my for 5,000 as I know I will need to gradually get into this.
I wheel my office chair to the printer

Day one: 2547 strides (started tracking late in the morning)
Day two: 5027 strides (took it off once I settled in at home and have the laptop on my lap)

Sis and I walked a bit around her beautiful neighborhood today.  First, we took mom out to dinner....

Baby steps ~


************
Came across this video of one of my favorite songs.  In a place called Kumarakom by a local potter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© In This Together, Breast Cancer Support, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena